Monday, June 11, 2007

New England Vacation


Last week me, Josh, and the boys all went to New England to visit all of Joshua's family. It was awesome! We had a great time. It started out right with a great meal (of course!) We had our own stir fry night. This was a lot of fun. We all put what we wanted on our plates and Jake (Josh's brother) was kind enough to cook it for us. He didn't even burn mine which I am sure was a huge step for him. It was delicious. Here is a picture of Jessica and Jake cooking away!

Here is a picture of Roger & Kyle. They are getting married September 15th. I feel very blessed to have gotten to know her. She is an amazing and strong women. I am very excited to have her as a sister and look forward to many more fun talks with her!


The whole reason we went out back East was for my beautiful niece's baptism. Her name is Anna. Here is a picture of her and her dad Jake before the baptism. It was such a beautiful ceremony.

Here is Grampy with our boys. They sure love him. We have been thinking of calling Martin "Mahty" from Grampy's cute accent. I love to hear him talk. The kids had so much fun with all their grandparents. They also had a ton of fun with their cousins. They have three cousins. Anna, Isaac, and Abby. The only problem is they all live in New Hampshire. So we don't get to see them very often. Here is all the cute kids together in front of the church at the baptism. Cal misses his cousins so much. He asks to go see them every day that we have been home.



Calvin is of course crying in the picture because he dropped his inch worm. But that isn't unusual because most pictures of him and the cousins he is crying because of some reason. What cuties!!








We loved the hammock in Jake & Britt's backyard. Perfect to hang out in! Both boys loved their big yard!












While we were back East we stayed at Grammy's house. Everyday Calvin asked her if they could make cookies. I think they made cookies and muffins a couple of times while we were there. He loves to cook just like the rest of the Soucy family. I am very glad too because it didn't come from my side of the family! This was fun for him and grammy to hang out together!




Here are the cousins watching tv together. I just couldn't belive how old they are all getting. What big kids they are now!








Here is me and the boys at the beach. We had such a fun day with Grampy and Nana. We went to the beach and then we went and fed all the farm animals. Calvin even fed a goat by himself. I was a very proud mommy!



Here is Nana and Martin, or as I call her my good friend Louise!














Nana & Grampy live in amazing house that was built in the 1850's. Come to think of it almost everyone in the family lives in a house that was built in the early 1800's. They are beautiful homes to visit and the yards are huge. They all back up to thick forests which can be a lot of fun for an exploring boy. This tree swing hangs from a huge tree. It is such a fun place to run around. Grampy has a tractor and the kids loved it especially Marty. He would cry every time he was taken off it. Nana (or Nancy) also creates pottery. Her website is www.impswichpottery.com I love all her stuff. I have it all over my house!












We visited one more beach before going home. The day before we flew home we drove a couple minutes to Hampton Beach. It was chilly but nice. Cal and Martin ran all over the beach and had a lot of fun. We were very sad to go home! I am glad that Roger and Kyle are getting married in September because it gives us another reason to go back and visit this year!




When we were done with the beach we went back to grammy's house. She played the piano with the boys as well as I ballroom danced with the boys all around the room. We had a lot of fun. The boys love music and dancing.
All in all it was probably one of my favorite times going back East. I really miss our family and can't wait to go back to see them!


1 comment:

Sue said...

What a fun vacation! It was so cute to see your boys with their cousins. I want to go to Boston so badly. Ryan served his mission there and we always say well go someday. It looks like you took some great pictures of Josh's family. What treasures! I love the cooking pictures, especially with Calvin and his grandma.