Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We made it!

We flew into Rwanda tonight. The last hour I was so anxious to just be here. When I got off the plane and was walking outside in the moist damp air to the airport I began to feel very emotional. I almost started crying I was so happy to finally be in Rwanda. It has been a long time waiting (between china and Rwanda) for my daughter to come home. And she is right near me. Breathing the same air I am breathing. Looking up at the same night sky. Tomorrow morning my rep from Rwanda will pick me up at 9:00. Her name is Jacqui. I look forward to meet her. After she picks us up we will head to the Home of Hope orphanage. In around 12 hours I will meet my dear sweet beautiful girl.

I am so tired and I really need to get sleep as tomorrow will be a busy and amazing day. Next time I write Zoe Nicole will be part of our family.

Thank you for everyones prayers to get us this far! Keep praying that everything will run smoothly here for us as well as at home with my boys who I already miss.
Good night!

4 comments:

Regan said...

So happy for you Jamie! Can't wait to see her!

Lynette said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear about your day tomorrow and, of course, to see pictures of Zoe!

Erin Carson said...

I am thinking of you! I can't wait to hear more about Zoe!

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.